The Center for Addiction Recovery Training (CART) is pleased to bring a new (and much needed!) training program for Recovery Coaches who may find themselves providing recovery support services in a variety of professional settings such as emergency rooms, court systems, treatment centers and others.. More than ever Recovery Coaches are being asked to provide services in settings that value and welcome their unique perspective. Recovery Coaching and Professionalism, a 12-hour curriculum, will prepare coaches in 10 characteristics commonly associated with professionalism: accountability, appearance, etiquette, organizational skills, communication, ethics and boundaries, reliability, demeanor, maintaining poise, and competence.
Participants in this training will:
- Define professionalism as it pertains to recovery coaching;
- Learn about and develop the various characteristics that a professional possesses;
- Understand their personal accountabilities in their role as recovery coaches;
- Learn the importance of the concept “stay in their lane” when it comes to working in a large system, like a hospital, court and/or treatment system;
- Reexamine the roles of a recovery coach in order to maintain good boundaries when working in professional settings;
- Have opportunities to practice and demonstrate newly acquired skills.