Recovery Basics for Parents
A one day training designed to help parents gain a better understand the recovery process.
Over the last two years we have been overwhelmed with requests from parents who want to understand and support the recovery of their children and young adults. We are thrilled to offer this unique learning opportunity, designed specifically for you. We hope it will answer many of your questions, as well as provide you with practical tools to use in support of your loved one. Much like the journey of recovery, this training provides you with an emotionally rich experience… whether you use it to improve your family relationships or apply it to your own recovery… you will be transformed.
Participants in this course will learn to:
- Gain perspective on the impact of addiction/recovery in the life of a parent
- Describe how relationships impact recovery
- Define and increase fluency in the language of recovery
- Build capacity to understand and support a child/young adult in his or her recovery
- Practice specific skill sets key to supporting recovery
- Create a learning community to advance the recognition, acceptance and support of recovery
This training program can be delivered onsite. Please contact email@example.com for more information on hosting one in your community.
Recovery Basics for Parents will be held on the following Wednesdays at MDC in Hartford, CT:
This session runs from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. An optional Training of Trainers program will run in the evening immediately following the program, from 4:15 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Those participants with experience training or facilitating groups are encouraged to register.