Recovery Coaching in the Emergency Room
Emergency Departments Need Recovery Coaches! - 12CEUs
Emergency Departments now recognize that Recovery Coaches can make a difference in this high paced setting by connecting those that are present in the ED to pathways of recovery that can be sustained in the long term.
Recovery Coaching continues to gain momentum throughout the country, and with good reason. Recovery Coaches can, and do, connect people to long term and sustained recovery. Because of this, more and more, coaches are being utilized in a variety of settings, including doctors offices, police stations, drug courts, treatment centers, and most notably Emergency Departments. The need for skilled coaches who can easily adapt and work in a fast-paced ED setting is growing exponentially. As providers of the CT ED Recovery Coaches program, we have learned a great deal about the different training needs of those who choose to serve in this unique role.
This course prepares participants for the challenging and rewarding role of a Recovery Coach in the Emergency Department.
Learning Objectives for this course include:
- Describe the roles and functions of the Recovery Coach working in the Emergency Department;
- Understand and practice staying in your lane;
- Develop skills to advocate and educate staff, patients, etc. as a way to demonstrate accountability within the role;
- Use of Motivational Interviewing (MI) to bring people through the stages of change into Recovery;
- Further develop your art of Recovery Coaching.
New for 2018!
Recovery Coaching in the Emergency Department
- January 10-11, 2019 - Grand Rapids, Michigan
- February 13-14, 2019 - Hartford, Connecticut
- February 18-19, 2019 - Denver, Colorado
- March 11-12, 2019 - Grand Rapids, Michigan
- April 3-4, 2019 - Hartford, Connecticut
- April 15-16 2019 - Denver, Colorado
- May 6-7, 2019 - Grand Rapids, Michigan
- June 12-13, 2019 - Hartford, Connecticut
- July 8-9, 2019 - Denver, Colorado
- July 15-16, 2019 - Grand Rapids, Michigan
- August 21-22, 2019 - Hartford, Connecticut
- September 9-10, 2019 - Grand Rapids, Michigan
- October 7-8, 2019 - Denver, Colorado
- November 4-5, 2019 - Grand Rapids, Michigan