Healing Communities: RCA for Home-Based Navigators - 30 CEUs
CART has partnered with Army OneSource as well as a group of passionate individuals out of Washington State to build a curriculum for coaches who work with veterans..
We have developed this new program to help anyone working with a Veteran of the Armed Services. While many concepts are the same as what we teach in the RCA, we understand that as Veterans return home, they have unique needs that must be met in order to maintain and sustain recovery. Instead of providing our Veterans with the typical resources through the VA and DOD, this training will focus on Veterans returning home and navigating the new community. It doesn’t matter if you are a Veteran, a person in recovery, a friend, a family member of someone in recovery, or recovery ally... this course will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to guide and mentor Veterans through their own recovery process. Much like the journey of recovery, this training provides you with a transformational experience…whether you end up navigating professionally or use these services in a volunteer role, or just use it to work on your own recovery…You Will Be Transformed!
PARTICIPANTS IN THIS COURSE WILL LEARN TO:
- Describe the roles and functions of a recovery navigator
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching/navigating
- Understand and define moral injury
- Discover attitudes about self-disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe stages of change and their applications
- Increase awareness of culture, power and privilege as it relates to military culture as well as to the issues at home
- Address ethical and boundary issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
This training can be scheduled onsite. Please contact email@example.com to host one in your community.